In real estate transactions, the spouse can and does play an important role in the transaction. Perhaps just as importantly, the spouse role can vary from one transaction to another and Title | Pipe allows you to manage this clearly and effectively when inviting/adding a spouse to a transaction. Please see below for more information:
When a new order (Open Escrow) is created in Title | Pipe, the spouse information can and should be noted in the following manner on the form.
- Respond with Yes, No or Not Sure
If the response is "Yes" then additional information is needed. More specifically:
- If there is a spouse, but the spouse is not part of the transaction you will be prompted to simply add the spouse first and last name
- If there is a spouse and the spouse is using the same account (Yes) or you are unsure if they are using the same account (Not Sure) then mark Yes or Not Sure as appropriate. You will be prompted to add by entering the "Invite New User" option where you can enter the Spouse First and Last Name but no email as the spouse is not accessing the transaction separately.
- If there is a spouse and the spouse is using their own account (No) then mark No as appropriate. You will be prompted to add by entering the "Invite New User" option where you can enter the Spouse First and Last Name and their EMAIL as they spouse is accessing the transaction separately.
Following the above steps will allow you to add the spouse to a new transaction correctly.
Important Note: If after the transaction has been created and the spouse details need to be updated, then there are two important steps:
- Step 1 - Update the Transaction Details to correctly note whether the spouse is/is not in the transaction and whether the spouse is/is not using the same account.
- Step 2 - Invite/Remove the spouse from the list of transaction participants by selecting the icon in the upper right corner of the transaction.