Title | Pipe™ provides users with the ability to set up documents for e-sign by others via our integratin with DocuSign. If you have a document that you wish to set up for e-sign, please complete the following steps: -
**Important Note: Setting up a document for e-sign does require that you have an authorized DocuSign account. If you do not have a DocuSign account, you can set one up and sync it to your Title | Pipe™ account. For more information on setting up a DocuSign account and syncing it with Title | Pipe™, click HERE.
If you already have your DocuSign account synced with Title|Pipe, then follow the steps below to set up a document for e-sign.
- Upload document to your transaction
- Select the document and open document settings
- Under the "Request Signatures" section, select "Yes, E-Sign" -
- Use the search field to add the e-signers to the document. Only users that are part of your transactions can be assigned to provide an e-signature in Title|Pipe. If the e-signer is not invited to the transaction, you will need to invite them and then you can assign them to e-sign the document.
- Select "Setup E-Sign" - The document will open in a DocSign window with the DocSign features available through your DocuSign account. Use these settings to set up the Signatures on the document.
- Once the signatures are set up, select "Send". The assigned signers will automatically receive a notification regarding the e-sign request.
- A green "Successfully sent" message will appear on your screen.
- You will be notified automatically when the signer(s) e-sign the document.
- On the document settings page in Title | Pipe™, select "Save" and the e-sign process is complete.
Additional features available with Title | Pipe™ and DocuSign include the following:
- Edit an e-sign document after you have sent it. Complete the following:
- Open the document settings and select "Edit E-Sign".
- The document will open in the DocuSign window and you can make any edits needed.
- Select "Send" and the e-signer(s) will be notified that the document has been updated and requires their e-signature.
- Set up but not send a document for e-sign. Complete the following:
- Open the document settings and select "Edit E-Sign"
- The document will open in the DocuSign window and you can make any edits needed
- Close the DocuSign window without selecting "Send"
- You will be returned to the document settings page in Title | Pipe™.
- An error message will show that the document is not complete for e-sign and still needs to be sent.
- Select "Continue E-Sign Setup" at any time to return to the document in DocuSign and follow the remaining steps above to send the document for e-sign.